***If you wish to apply for a coaching position, click on the "About" tab and select "Employment Opportunities." Then, click "Athletics & Extra Curricular Job Openings" and click "Application Packet" if your desired job is listed. A Wyalusing Area School District "Support Staff Application" will have to be on file and a Letter of Intent for the desired position will have to be emailed or physically sent to the Athletic Director (information can be found below).
WYALUSING VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
COACHING REQUIREMENTS 2018-19
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF THE FIRST OFFICIAL PRACTICE DATE FOR ALL PAID OR VOLUNTEER COACHES TO COACH AT A PIAA MEMBER SCHOOL.
PDE Required Background Clearances (must be completed once every 60 months)
- FBI clearance (ACT 114)-https://pa-aps.3m.com/perlpub/registration_edu_pci.pl (This is the Cogent site required to be used by Department of Education - this clearance must be done online. Approximately 4 weeks after getting fingerprinted, you will receive your Cogent results in the mail. (Volunteers can waive this clearance if they have lived in PA for 10 consecutive years or more)
- PA State Police clearance (ACT 34) - https://epatch.state.pa.us (Use the link to complete online or click here for the printer version of the PA State Police clearance.)
- Department of Human Services clearance (PA Child Abuse-ACT 151)- https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home) (Use the link to complete online or click here for the printer version of the Department of Human Services clearance.)
PDE Required Training Courses (both must be completed annually)
- Concussion Training Course (must complete either of the two courses)
- NFHS Concussion In Sports--What You Need to Know OR
- ConcussionWise - Website for ConcussionWise: https://sportsafety.com/pennsylvania/
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training Course (must complete either of the two courses)
- NFHS Sudden Cardiac Arrest OR
- CardiacWise (https://sportsafety.com/cardiacwise-pats/)
- You can Google search any of the mentioned courses and they will come up
PIAA Required Coaching Courses (each only has to be completed once)
(All volunteer and head coaches must complete both courses below prior to 6/30/2018. Coaches hired after 7/1/2016 will have two years following the date of hire/approval to complete the courses. These courses can be taken online or in person. The Athletic Director will inform coaches of opportunities to take the courses in person.)
- Fundamentals of Coaching-(https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61113/fundamentals-of-coaching)
- First Aid, Health and Safety-(https://nfhslearn.com/courses/26/first-aid-health-and-safety)
- These courses can now be taken on SafeSchools through the Wyalusing Area School District. If interested in completing this requirement that way, contact Mr. Keyes and he will give you all of the neccesary information.
Submitting the Documents
Please send copies of your clearances and your proof of completion for each course physically to the address below or email copies to email@example.com.
Attn: Brent Keyes
Wyalusing Valley High School
11364 Wyalusing-New Albany Rd
Wyalusing, PA 18853
- Before being hired, coaches will need to fill out and submit a Support Staff Application to be on file.
- New PAID coaches need to fill out and submit a payroll packet in order to be paid. These can be obtained from Mr. Keyes or Mrs. Townsend in the Administration Office.
- A signed contract needs to be on file for any PAID coaching position. This contract will be mailed to you by the Superintendent’s Secretary. It can be mailed back, or turned in physically to Mrs. Trowbridge in the Administration Office in the basement of WVES.