The Wyalusing Area School District has a trauma therapist provided by The Children's House through grant funds from the Bradford County Commissioner's that serve our district 1 - 2 days per week*.
The trauma therapist will provide intense trauma-focused therapy for students who have a severe and immediate need for this kind of counseling. Trauma therapists providing trauma-focused therapy will identify and emphasize the student's understanding of how the traumatic experience impacts the child's mental, behavioral, emotional, and physical health. By processing these emotions and thoughts, the goal is to enable the student to create a healthier and more meaningful life.
* Schedule may change throughout the academic year.
Hannah Allis earned her bachelor's degree in Psychology from Mansfield University, along with her master's degree in Community Counseling from Argosy University in Washington, DC. She completed a certification in Play Therapy from Temple University in 2020 and has been a licensed professional counselor since 2017.
Hannah also holds her certification in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral therapy, since 2018. Hannah has been in the mental health field for 17 years and brings with her a great deal of experience!
The American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief ("ARP ESSER") Fund requires that each LEA that receives ARP ESSER funds must develop and make publicly available on the LEA's website, a plan for the LEA's use of ARP ESSER funds.
- Elementary And Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER FUND 19-20)
- Elementary And Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund II (ESSER FUND) 20-21
- ARP ESSER 7% Set Asides Consolidated 20-21
- American Rescue Plan - Elementary and Secondary Schools Emergency Relief Fund (ARP-ESSER) – "ARP ESSER 90% plan" 20-21