The mission of the Wyalusing Area School District is to provide all students with the academic and problem solving skills essential for personal development, responsible citizenship, and life long learning. We will provide a safe, respectful, nurturing, and stimulating environment through an educational partnership among family, school, and community with an innovative curriculum that meets the challenges of tomorrow.
The Wyalusing Area School District will be a model 21st century K-12 small school system that serves as the educational center for the community as it educates students to become knowledgeable, responsible, and productive citizens in a safe school environment. Graduates will be college or career ready to excel in a complex, interconnected, and changing world.
We believe . . .
· Education is a lifelong process and continuous improvement is a value we model and instill in our students.
· Educational excellence is a collaborative process and is a shared responsibility of the student, the family, and the staff.
· Educational experiences for students should be founded in the rigorous study of the academic disciplines.
· Educational experiences for students should enable students to become effective communicators, independent learners, motivated critical thinkers, and innovators.
· Our learning community should foster respect and understanding for every individual.
· Our learning community should promote responsible citizenship.
· Recruiting and retaining a high quality staff is vital to achieving our mission.
· An involved and supportive community strengthens our school district.