Sports physicals will be held on Thursday, June 30th at 9 AM. Please make sure you have the PIAA physical form completely filled out. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
Have a safe and happy summer Summer!
Student Assistance Program
The Student Assistance Program, SAP, is a way to identify high risk students who are having school-related problems because of alcohol and drug use or who are at risk of suicide and other emotional, social, and mental health problems. It is a confidential method for intervening and referring students to appropriate community services. It is an intervention, not a treatment program.
Anger Management Suicide/Depression
Eating Disorders Substance Abuse
Physical/Mental Abuse Other Personal Problems
Community Agency Peers
The focal point of the Student Assistance Program is to identify and help students who are experiencing social, emotional or physical problems that are detrimental to their success in school and themselves as a person.
The SAP is designed to function as follows:
1. To recognize students with problems – based upon observable behavior
and student performance (identification).
2. To meet or contact parents and students to provide information and data on behavior, performance and district policy (intervention).
3. To refer student and family to appropriate agencies (referral).
4. To insure the policies of Wyalusing School District are followed.
5. To establish aftercare support systems as needed (support).
Support Groups serve as a form of supplemental assistance which provides students the opportunity to constructively express thoughts and feelings, to develop a sense of belonging, to achieve self-acceptance and to gain appropriate social skills in a confidential, encouraging atmosphere.